We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land in which we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future for they hold the memories, traditions, culture and hopes of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People of Australia.
DramaWest is the Association of Drama Educators in Western Australia. We are linked to Drama Australia, which is the peak National Body that represents and advocates on behalf of all State and Territory Drama Education Associations in Australia. All members of State and Territory Drama associations are automatically members of Drama Australia. DramaWest represents and supports Drama Teachers across the State by providing a range of workshops, programs and resources which aid teachers in presenting the Western Australian Drama Curriculum to students.
The Objectives of the Association are to:
- Maintain and conduct an Association of non-political character to encourage the development of Drama in Education and foster communication between institutions concerned with Drama and Arts Education;
- Foster professional learning opportunities for members by any practical means including meetings, conferences, lectures, publications, and workshops, and to raise funds for the cost thereof whether by the sale of tickets or otherwise (and from
whatever sources), to provide facilities to assist or encourage the cultural development of members;
- Offer networking opportunities for members, friends, and guests, and organise premises for this to occur;
- Develop relationships, partnerships, alliances, and collaboration with other cultural organisations to enhance the benefits of members;
- Liaise and negotiate with Educational and other Institutions or Associations to fund visits by overseas and interstate lecturers, delegates, or visitors involved in Drama and the Arts in Education;
- Seek to influence the shaping of policy and promote the status of Drama and the Arts in Education; and
- Ensure the property and income of the Association shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Association and no part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members, except in good faith in the promotion of these objects.
Membership of DramaWest provides you with:
- Networking and collegial support
- A voice in Education and Arts forums
- The opportunity to participate in policy-making
- Up-to-date information and insights into best practice
- Free and discounted access to publications and professional development
- Access to the wider world of Drama Education through Drama Australia, WADEM, and IDEA
Membership is available to:
- Drama Educators in Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Government, and Private Institutions
- Students of Drama, Education, and other relevant disciplines